Last updated August 2020
Purpose and Scope
- “Candidate” means a current or former applicant for employment with us.
- “Candidate Data” or “Candidate Personal Information” means the information we process in connection with your application and as part of the recruitment process, as further detailed below.
Types of information we collect
As further described below, we collect several types of information from and about you that broadly fall into the following categories:
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information;
- Your resume or CV, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education, transcripts, or other information you provide to us in support of an application and/or the application and recruitment process;
- Information from interviews and phone-screenings you may have, if any;
- Details of the type of employment you are or may be looking for, current and/or desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- Details of how you heard about the position you are applying for;
- Any sensitive and/or demographic information provided by you during the application or recruitment process such as gender, information about your citizenship and/or nationality and immigration status, medical or health information and/or your racial or ethnic origin;
- Reference information and/or information received from background checks (where applicable), including information provided by third parties;
- Information relating to any previous applications you may have submitted to Playtika and/or any previous employment history with Playtika;
- Information about your educational and professional background from publicly available sources, including online, that we believe is relevant to your application or a potential future application (e.g. your LinkedIn profile);
- Background check and drug screening information (where permitted or required by law); and/or
- Information related to any assessment you may take as part of the interview screening process.
How we use information we collect
Your Candidate Data will be used by Playtika for the purposes of carrying out its application and recruitment process which includes:
- Carrying out and supporting human resources functions and activities, including processing and evaluating your application, assessing your eligibility to work, making hiring decisions, and managing and improving our recruiting and hiring processes;
- Verifying your Candidate Data and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable);
- Communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application(s), including, in appropriate cases, informing you of other potential career opportunities at Playtika;
- Creating and/or submitting reports as required under any local laws and/or regulations, where applicable;
- Where requested by you, assisting you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit where and if required;
- Making improvements to Playtika’s application and/or recruitment process;
- Managing workplace safety and health;
- Complying with legal obligations and internal policies;
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests;
- Proactively contacting you if we think you would be suitable for a role with us;
- We will also use your Candidate Data to protect the rights and property of Playtika, our users, applicants, candidates, employees or the public as required or permitted by law;
- If you are offered and accept employment with Playtika, the information collected during the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record.
Who may have access to your Candidate Data
We may disclose personal information contained in Candidate Data to the following categories of recipients:
- We will share your Candidate Personal Information with our HR team. We may share some of Candidate Personal Information with Processors engaged by us to provide services we require to use Candidate Personal Information for permitted purposes. Such Processors operate under our instruction. We ensure that any Processor we use takes adequate measures to protect your Candidate Personal Information, by signing a data processing agreement with it.
- Because we operate our business as a corporate group of companies, we may also share your Candidate Personal Information with companies in our corporate group for the same purposes set out above.
- Where required by law, we will also disclose your Candidate Personal Information to a governmental authority.
- Any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
- We do not sell your Candidate Personal Information to third parties.
Playtika operates globally, which means your Candidate Data may be stored and processed outside of the country or region where it was originally collected.
When we transfer your Candidate Data from within the EU to the United States or other countries, which are not recognized by the European commission as having adequate protection for personal data, we will do so while using adequate safeguards determined by the European commission, such as the standard contractual clauses.
Our retention of your Candidate Data
If you apply for a job at Playtika and your application is unsuccessful (or you withdraw from the process or decline our offer), Playtika will retain your Candidate Data for the following periods:
- EEA Countries: Last activity or documentation performed with candidate + 1 year.
- Non-EEA Countries: Last activity or documentation performed with candidate + 7 years.
We retain this information for various reasons, including in case we face a legal challenge in respect of a recruitment decision, to consider you for other current or future jobs at Playtika and to help us better understand, analyze and improve our recruitment processes.
If you do not want us to retain your Candidate Data for consideration for other roles, or want us to update it, please contact [email protected] Please note, however, that we may retain some information if required by law or as necessary to protect ourselves from legal claims.
We implement measures to reduce the risks of damage, loss of information and unauthorized access or use of Candidate Personal Information. We also request our affiliates to implement such measures in order to secure the information we provide them. However, although efforts are made to secure Candidate Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute protection.
Your rights in respect of your Candidate Data
In certain countries, you may have certain rights under data protection law. This may include the right to request access or to update your Candidate Data, request that it be deleted, or object to Playtika using it for certain purposes – depending on and as specified under applicable law. If you wish to exercise such right, we will respond to any requests in accordance with applicable law, and so there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request.
You can contact Playtika’s Data Protection Officer at: [email protected]
Playtika is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Romanian data protection authority- Anspdcp and the Israeli data protection authority. If you have an inquiry regarding our privacy practices, we encourage you to contact us at [email protected] You may also refer a complaint to your local data protection authority, and we will work with them to resolve your concern.
Additional information for Candidates residing in the EU
Legal Basis for Processing
- The legal basis under EU law for processing your Candidate Personal Information to evaluate your candidacy is both our legitimate interests in properly reviewing your candidacy and assessing your application to work at Playtika and for steps we need to take prior to entering into an employment contract with you.
- The legal basis under EU law for retaining your Candidate Personal Information for further processing for future job openings is our legitimate interests in considering you for other job openings we may have.
- The legal basis under EU law for retaining your Candidate Personal Information for recordkeeping purposes is our legitimate interest in asserting or defending legal claims that impact the course of our business or reputation.
- Where we collect sensitive personal information from you, we will do so normally only with your explicit consent or where we have an obligation under employment law to process such information.
If you are in the EU, you have the following rights under the GDPR:
- Right to Access and receive a copy of your Candidate Personal Information that we Process.
- Right to Rectify inaccurate Candidate Personal Information we have concerning you and to have incomplete Personal Information completed.
- Right to Data Portability - that is, to receive the Candidate Personal Information that you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You have the right to transmit this data to another person or entity. Where technically feasible, you have the right to have your Candidate Personal Information transmitted directly from us to the person or entity you designate.
- Right to Object to our Processing of your Candidate Personal Information on the basis of our legitimate interest. However, we may override the objection if we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds, or if we need to Process such Candidate Personal Information for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right to Restrict us from Processing your Candidate Personal Information (except for storing it): (a) if you contest the accuracy of the Candidate Personal Information (in which case the restriction applies only for a period enabling us to determine the accuracy of the Candidate Personal Information); (b) if the Processing is unlawful and you prefer to restrict the Processing of the Candidate Personal Information rather than requiring the deletion of such data by us; (c) if we no longer need the Candidate Personal Information for the purposes outlined in this Notice, but you require the Candidate Personal Information to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) if you object to our Processing based on our legitimate interest (in which case the restriction applies only for the period enabling us to determine whether our legitimate grounds for processing override yours).
- Right to be Forgotten. Under certain circumstances, such as when our Processing of your Candidate Personal Information is based on your consent, you have the right to ask us to erase your Candidate Personal Information. However, notwithstanding such request, we may still process your Candidate Personal Information if it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, contact us through the channels listed below.
When you contact us, we reserve the right to ask for reasonable evidence to verify your identity before we provide you with information. Where we are not able to provide you with information that you have asked for, we will explain the reason.
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority. According to Article 77 of the GDPR, you can lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority, in the Member State of your residence, place of work or of an alleged infringement of the GDPR. For a list of supervisory authorities in the EU, click here.
Additional information for Candidates residing in California
This is the personal information we have collected over the past 12 months when we operate as a “business” under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA):
|Categories of Personal Information
||Specific Types of Personal Information Collected
||Source of Information
||Name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information
||The Candidates themselves
|Professional or employment-related information
||Details of professional qualifications and skills, previous applications, employment history, job preferences, current and prior salary information together with salary expectations, details of your current benefit entitlements and other information you provide in connection with your job application, in your curriculum vitae (résumé) and in your cover letter, references, background check and criminal records information including drugs screening information.
||The Candidates themselves
The following are the CCPA business or commercial purposes for which we use each category of personal information. Details about the information we collect for each category are provided in the table above. More details about the business or commercial purposes are provided in the section titled “How we use information we collect”.
|Categories of Personal Information
||Business or commercial purposes pursuant to the CCPA
||Processing transactions and verifying information
Auditing related to a current interaction with the Candidate
|Professional or employment-related information
|Information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with an individual
Please note that we do not sell your data and we have not done so in the preceding 12 months.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this policy from time to time. We will post any changes to this policy on this page. Each version of this policy is identified at the top of the page by its effective date.