The Game Economy Manager is responsible for the overall game economy tuning, balancing, pricing and monitoring in the purpose of creating a fun and engaging game experience and maximize revenues.
The position is ideally suited for a seasoned analyst/ economist with a strong mathematical/ statistical background, passion for games and technical approach.
- Own gameplay, content performance and overall game economy
- Understand the game’s gameplay loops and how players interact with them
- Build simulations and predictive models to proactively forecast the results of changes to content
- Tune content performance by devising A/B tests and analyzing their effectiveness
- Identify areas where sinks/ sources should be tightened or loosened to maximize engagement, revenue, etc.
- Balance and monitor asset flows from all the features in the game
- Price virtual currencies in the game
- Monitor for exploits/ bugs in the economy
- Monitor individual and macro player balances to ensure the overall health of the game’s economy
- Come up with designs for new features/ system which address existing deficiencies in the game